Enzymes are very large biological molecules responsible for the thousands of metabolic processes that sustain life. From the digestion of food to the synthesis of DNA. Enzymes have extremely interesting properties that make them little chemical reaction machines. The purpose of an enzyme in a cell is to allow the cell to carry out the chemical reactions very quickly. These reactions allow the cell to build things or take things apart as needed.
- This is how a cell grows and reproduces. At the most basic level, a cell is really a little bag full of chemical reactions that are made possible by enzymes.
- Enzymes are specialized proteins that function as catalysts in almost all cellular functions and chemical reactions throughout the body. enzymes play a critical role in growth, healing, andreproduction.
- Enzymes are also necessary for breathing, thinking, immune function, hormone regulation, detoxification, and thousands of other biochemical functions.
- Enzymes are necessary for digesting food nutrients and converting nutrients to energy in cells.
- Enzymes are essential to sustain life.
- They work together cooperating with vitamins and nutrients , minerals and act as a catalyst to accelerate chemical reaction because most chemical reactions in biological cells would occur too slowly.
- Enzymes don't only act as a catalyst. When the body has an abundance of enzymes it can protect itself and repair the damage from almost all degenerative disease disorders!
- Without enzymes, we age more quickly, get disease earlier in life, and acquire physical impairments and mental retardation as our bodies degenerate. Neither a human being nor an animal can live without enzymatic function...
- There is a difference between digestive enzymes and metabolic enzymes.
- The main function of metabolic enzymes is to build rejuvenate and repair the cells in your body. Metabolic enzymes also are capable of digesting nutrients that haven't been fully broken down to their smallest possible ionic size.
- When the metabolic enzymes get involved indigesting these undigested particles, repairing the body becomes secondary.
- This means we are directly affecting our bodies potential to repair itself. metabolic enzymes build , rejuvenate and repair the entire human body.
- Because the human body places a higher priority on digestion than it does on repair, you need to ingest enzymes to make sure the metabolic enzymes don't divert their attention AWAY from cell repair and cell reproduction.
- Enzymes are found in raw food and in particular, raw vine ripened food.
- So if this raw food is picked green and ripened as most of what we eat is, it has about 10% of the enzymes it would normally have. Vine ripened food is what we need to get the enzymes we need and frankly we just don't get enough of that food out of our gardens and in particular during the cold months of the year. Practically all of our food is cooked and there are no enzymes in cooked food..
- There are no enzymes in processed foods. This means that our metabolic enzymes start converting to digestive enzymes and pulls them away from our immune system.
- So raw food in the grocery store not only has been picked green, but chances are it has also been irradiated for a longer shelf life
What is Irradiation?
- What irradiation does is kill the rest of the enzymes so that the food does not continue its ripening process, hence NO enzymes.
- This destruction of enzymes in food causes or makes worse virtually every digestive disorder there is. Gas, indigestion, acid reflux , you name it… it is an underlying cause of many different types of health problems throughout our body..
- This happens because the human digestive system developed on a diet of raw foods containing active enzymes. Your body isn't equipped to handle a diet of mostly cooked food. It causes us to age quicker and fall ill more often.
- The human body naturally produces proteins called enzymes to carry out a number of functions. Dr. Howel spent the better part of 70 years researching the benefits of enzymes, including improved digestion and a decrease of indigestion, better nutrient absorption, and elevated immune function.
- Dr. Howel said " We know that decreased enzyme levels are found in a number of chronic ailments, such as allergies, skin disease and even serious diseases like diabetes and other severe diseases.
- Dr. Howel's research has also shown that a diet of cooked foods causes rapid premature death in mice. In fact, rats on a cooked diet live about 2 years. While rats that eat raw food live about 3 years. the rats eating raw food live 50% longer.
- Dr. Howel also noted that the brain weight of rats eating cooked food went down and their body weight went up.
- Another study took 2 groups of hogs. the first group ate cooked potatoes and gained weight rapidly. while the second group ate raw potatoes and didn’t get fat. Dr. Howel believed based on his work in a sanitarium, that "It is impossible to get people fat on raw food...regardless of the caloric intake."
- Before and after blood tests prove:
- Enzymes, when taken between meals or on an empty stomach will go directly into the blood stream and clean up the blood. This includes the fat and protein deposits left in the body from years of poor eating habits.
- Before and after blood tests prove:
- Plaque buildup in the arteries is partially caused by undigested fats and undigested proteins that build up on the artery walls. If it builds up enough, you've developed clogged arteries. Taken on an empty stomach enzymes will help clean up the arteries by digesting the proteins and fats in the plaque.
- Undigested food enter the blood stream
- Your body sees these as invaders and uses its immune system to get rid of them.
- This means that your immune system is at risk because it is too busy taking care of digestion.
- Clinical studies referenced in the book "Enzymes, The fountain of life" show that a good enzyme formulation has the capability of increasing and elevating the immune system activity by asmuch as 700 to 1300 percent within 1 hour after ingesting.
Destruction of enzymes
- Low levels of enzymes are found in diabetes, heart disease, and most every degenerative disease. These low levels result from the lack of live digestive enzymes in your diet. It starts in the gut!
- Now you have heard me say it before and you will hear me say it again many times…If 70% of your immune system strength come from the gut, then70% of your effort needs to be in your gut!
- If you take enzymes with your meals and on anempty stomach, you are going to help your immune system build, rejuvenate, and repair the entire human body. You'll give the metabolic enzymes time toreproduce and create more metabolic enzymes. this alone can improve your health and strength.
- Take enzymes, and improved digestion will be experienced. Energy levels can improve, vitality can be restored, and health problems may even disappear.
- You will take the burden off the pancreas, thyroid, pituitary gland, liver, immune system, metabolic enzymes and so much more!